Website design covers a very broad range of services including content building, digital marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), web hosting, and website maintenance. At Zyger, we cover all of these services, making us the ideal solution for all of your website design needs. All of the essential web based services, from one company!
Zyger not only offers an excellent website design service for it’s clients but available through Zyger are a variety of all-inclusive design packages aimed at various sized businesses and individuals looking to create a website. Like mentioned before we offer a comprehensive design service that covers every aspect of the process to designing and building a website. These services are included in all of our packages as well.
The design process
With every new project we undertake, there is a design process in which we guide our clients through first in order to understand their requirements better. Below is our step by step guide on how our design team achieves the final end product.
- The function of the website (ecommerce, blog, subscription based, custom built)
- The size of the website, The platform being used (PrestaShop, WordPress, OpenCart, ZenCart, Joomla, etc.)
- CMS – whether or not our client would like to edit and alter their website on their own or someone within their business.
Once we have determined what exactly our client requires their website for and how it should function, our designers then begin conceptualizing what the website shall look like and how it will flow. This includes;
- The layout and structure of the website
- The colours scheme used for the website,
- The images we’ll be placing into the website,
- As well as text being placed into the website.
The third step to bringing your idea to a reality is working out a budget. When designing a website it’s always a good idea to take into consideration what the cost’s involved are. The cost of a website is most often determined by the following:
- The type of theme being used; WooCommerce, PrestaShop, OpenCart, etc.
- Components (Plugins, extensions, modules) needed to create certain functionality
- The size of the website in terms of the amount of pages or if in the case of an online store; the amount of products to be placed into the site.
- With regards to Payment Gateways, this to can increase costs. This only plays a role however when building an online store or a website requiring a cart or payment system though.
- Other components include the content; such as the need for graphic design, photography and copywriting.
Step 4: Custom built or theme based
Whether our client has opted for a customized designed will determine the use of a theme template or not.
Custom built websites: Custom built websites require a developer, as well as a designer and not to mention a UX designer in order to put the final product together. If a client needs a very specific system created or put into place on their website, this is generally the route to go. As this method of designing a website allows the design team full scope to manipulate and create something very unique. This includes all aspects to the design including the look, functionality and overall user experience.
Theme based website design: Utilizing templates or themes for your website is generally a faster and even more efficient way to building your website.We say this because there is no need for a developer or a UX designer as well. Building your website with a theme, especially a CMS based theme (WordPress, Joomla, etc.) allow the client to use and alter the website as he would see fit. There are a few basic steps to building a website using a theme or template which includes the selection and installation of your theme or template. Our design team then installs the selected theme or template and adds the clients content (graphics & text) to the website from there.
Step 5: Configuring content
Once the platform on which our design team will work on has been established, our designers then place the clients’ content such as images, information, text and videos into your website. All our clients content is configured to fit the theme in the very best way possible. We also ensure that our clients are satisfied with the final product in terms of design, layout and overall aesthetics.
We also encourage our clients to provide us with the very best content they have available. As a design company we always try to ensure that teh quality leve remains high at all times and this only possible if clients provide us with top end quality content.
A nice and very beneficial addition to using Zyger as your web designer is the fact that all of sites include image packs. These are images that are placed into themes simply to give the client an idea of what the website could potentially look like. These images are royalty-free and can be kept and used as you wish. So in other words; if you feel that the images placed in your theme work for you.